02 February 2014

Le Voyage Ici

Made it here safely! Just thought I'd post a few pictures so you guys can get an idea of what it looks like here. It's raining at the moment and is pretty chilly outside.

The trip here was pretty long not gonna lie but it wasn't too bad. My body clock is super off though. Left home at 3 PM yesterday and was checked in for my 6:40 flight by about 4:30. The flight to London took 9 hours instead of 11 so that was really nice. I watched some movies and was able to sleep. Then I had a 4 hour-ish layover there which was well... eventful. Turns out I didn't double check my backpack which my uncle let me borrow and which I was using as a carry-on. Now, my uncle had told me they use that backpack for camping. However, I got stopped at security, had to empty the whole thing out, had it run through again, and then had a security guard pull out a pocket knife from one of the pockets! So that was shocking and scary. I had to talk to the police. I honestly didn't know it had been in there and it wasn't mine so they let me go (thank goodness). After that I got some fish n' chips. Flight to Nice got slightly delayed but it took an hour and a half to get there. Then, had to wait for a bus which then took about an hour and a half to get to Cannes. And at that point decided to just take a taxi to the school rather than try to figure out the buses. So got here probably around 10:30-11 PM (France time).

Have orientation in about 2 hours and then I'm not sure what I'll end up doing!

Here's the view of the Mediterranean Sea from my room! And just some pictures of my room.





No comments:

Post a Comment