25 March 2014

Toute à l’Heure: Paris Day 4

Well, so day 4 wasn’t a super full day. We had to fly back home so we had breakfast and put our stuff in a room since we had to check out of ours. We went to the Arc de Triomphe and then walked around Les Champs Élysées before meeting back up at the hotel to come home! Et Voila! Made it back to the college just in time for dinner!

I really did love Paris and I can’t wait to keep going back (I hope) and discover more there because there is SO much. I barely repeated anything from my last trip there in this one, and at the same time there is so much more I want to see like Les Invalides

My favorite moments of the trip were:
1.       Going to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
2.       Listening to “La Vie En Rose” while eating dinner on the Seine at sunset.
3.       Spending an afternoon being a real “Parisian” and just walking the city, sitting on the sidewalk outside a café, and taking a “promenade” along the Seine, all with good company.


The only semi-regret I had about this trip was not putting my own lock on the lock bridge! For anyone who doesn’t know what that is, there’s actually two in Paris, but it’s a place where thousands of people, mostly couples, go to put their initials on a lock and throw the keys into the Seine River. And you know what? I think that’s where I’m going to end up at the end of my trip. It seems fitting that after this crazy, incredible, truly life-changing semester abroad, that I do that, because let’s be honest (and maybe a bit cheesy)… France will forever have a piece of my heart. So, if around June 13 or 14th you happen to wonder where I might be or what I might be doing for my last days in Europe, know you know where I’ll be—In Paris, on le Pont des Arts, adding my lock to the bridge, and tossing the keys.


No comments:

Post a Comment