06 April 2014

Spring Break 2014: An Introduction

Alrighty well, it’s been an eventful last nine days because of Spring Break! On Friday the 28th, which feels like forever ago now, six other girls and I left Cannes to explore three different cities in three different countries.

Whereas a lot of people decided to go to places with beaches, we wanted to use the break to get to see some places all of us had been wanting. So, we started off in the Czech Republic in Prague, a place most of us knew nothing about and therefore had zero expectations for. After taking three different flights to get all seven of us there we spent three days there before hopping on a six hour train to Salzburg, Austria. Then, we rounded out our trip with the last three days in/around Munich, Germany!


So, since I’d like to give each city/country its own fair amount of space, I’ll be posting separate blog posts for each, like I did with my 4 days in Paris! We packed an incredible amount of stuff into the 9 days. I got to see and do so many fun things as well as experience some cultures that are not only very different from my own, but from France which I’ve been getting pretty used to the last 2 months! Overall I was very thankful for the opportunity I had to do so much traveling. 

Also, a huge part of what made the trip was the company. So I’m very thankful for all of the amazing young women I got to spend every waking minute with over the last 9 days—we got sat on planes and trains together, met people from multiple different countries, gorged ourselves on amazing food, got lost together, laughed (a lot), and even bought dirndls together. So special thanks to Rachel Lebowitz, Emily Gregor, London Lunstrum, Melinda Wenrich, Hannah Powers, and Yvette Zhang! 

Our group in front of the Sound of Music gazebo in Salzburg!
From left to right: Yvette, Hannah, Emily, Melinda, London, Rachel, and myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment