30 April 2014

Un Petit Peu de Stress

So the last week my friends and I have actually had a decent amount of work to do. Finals are coming up for our seminar classes so the last few days we've been scrambling a bit; primarily for my cinema class. We were assigned to turn in 10 photos of different kinds: plan poitrine, gros plan, tres gros plan, surcadrage, etc. (Medium shots, close ups, extreme close ups, framing devices, etc.) These things are fairly simple after spending 3 semesters taking photography classes in high school. The thing that's been causing me, and everyone else, some stress is the final video which we all procrastinated on. Well, to be fair, we got the details for the assignment about 2 weeks ago:

A 1-5 minute video...
Using at least 4 different kinds of shots + one traveling shot + one pan.

That's it.

Sounds easy right? Well when it can be about anything and you've got two weeks--it's a bit of a challenge. At the moment I'm taking a break from my editing to blog a bit about it because I'm actually, despite my stress, excited about what I decided to do! I mean I am a film production major so this should be what I like to do...

So a few weeks ago when I was on the bus to Nice to go shopping, I was listening a song by Stromae called "Quand C'est?" I just started imagining a bunch of imagery that I spent the last week filming with my actors, my roommate Grace and my friend Rob who were so awesome in willing to be in it! Anyways I'll have it done by tomorrow since we have to have it emailed by Saturday and I leave for Ireland tomorrow night; however, I just felt like posting some stills I've taken from the video footage which I have to say I'm surprisingly proud of considering it's just been me and my Nikon.

I've been struggling a bit with the editing just because I don't have anything besides Windows Movie Maker... I'm making it work but I actually miss Avid--something I never really imagined myself saying, which if you've ever used it, I'm sure you understand.

Wish me luck! I'll post a link soon!








By far one of my favorite shots.




No comments:

Post a Comment