05 May 2014

Cinema Class Final Video

Hey everyone!

So, if you read the last post about my video I promised I'd post a link...

I've got to say on a personal note I've gotten a ton of almost overwhelmingly positive feedback on it from friends here at the college and what not which has been pretty incredible for me. I don't think it's necessarily amazing, but without being too self-indulgent I am pretty proud of how it turned out. And I say that because I pretty much had a really strong vision in my head while listening to this song of what I wanted to do, and then was able to execute it. With my Nikon camera. And Windows Movie Maker. So it feels good to know that even with basic tools I can make something pretty decent.

And on the other hand, it's good to live up to an expectation that I believe I've set myself up for here. Not that there was a huge pressure on me by any means from anyone else. However, I am one of the "Chapman kids" here. I go to film school. I talk about the projects I've worked on. I've talked about my classes I've taken. I've talked about what I want to do with my life--a lot. And I'm also actually the only "Film Production" major from Chapman here. (Everyone else is creative producing, meaning the producers who budget, find locations, and pre-produce the film, or screenwriting or digital arts.) I'm the person in the class who HAS taken an editing class, a cinematography class, directing classes, etc. So, of anyone in the class, I felt like I SHOULD be someone who turns in something pretty decent. And furthermore, if making movies is what I want to spend my life doing, and I have a class assignment to make a short film, I shouldn't waste the opportunity. I should put some effort in and make something I really like and am proud of. So, this is the result!

Enjoy!...?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jGLdE0R1j0s

P.S. Please anyone who reads this, feel free to leave comments or message me or anything with your feedback because I can see that this blog has actually gotten page views; I know someone out there is reading this (well, I hope at least), but I love having responses!

With that, have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment