26 April 2014

What I’ve Been Up to These Days…

Well, this last week or so has been very relaxing. The weather was beautiful all last week so we were at the beach pretty much every day after class which is SO nice.  We’re coming up on the end of our seminar classes with the film festival quickly approaching so I’ve got some finals and some real work to do. However, the French mentality is to take your time with things and enjoy life so I’m not stressing out too hard over it.

The last three weekends I’ve stayed in Cannes which has been really nice. I did so much traveling in March and April but these last two months are a lot more laid back. I went to a mall last weekend with some girlfriends. We took a bus to Nice for the day to shop and came back which was really fun and made us feel like locals in a way. 

This weekend a lot of people are gone from the college; a lot of the other AIFS students are in Provence for the weekend. So, it’s pretty empty around here. But today’s been really nice as I woke up and had a really amazing brunch, then spent the day with my roommate and best friend, Grace, going to the beach, going to Leader Price, laying on the terrace, etc. Tomorrow we’re thinking of heading to some cliffs/beaches that we passed on the way to St. Tropez a few weeks ago. The trip along the corniche was SO pretty so earlier I looked up how to get there. Turns out they’re in St. Raphael which is only 20 minutes from Cannes by train and I found the bus lines for when we get there!

Other than that life in Cannes has been really great! Classes are good. The weather’s been great. The Festival is on its way. It’s starting to get more and more into the season here, so more people are showing up.

There’s a bit of bittersweet-ness I think for everyone because we’re quickly heading into our last month here. And we all try not to think or talk about it but it does come up and then we all push it away pretty fast. It’s just hard to believe we’re almost done being here! Only about 5 more weeks! But the best we can do is enjoy this place as much as we can these last few weeks.


And after that, I’ve got to plan for my two weeks of independent travel before leaving Europe! Ah!

No comments:

Post a Comment